ARWT45HEX Smelly Water Treatment Kit w/ 3″ Nipple
Nipple-style aluminum-zinc anode (best choice for odor control) replaces plug style anode for easy application of 3% hydrogen peroxide.
NOTE: Ceiling height of 12″ above is required to install; alternatively a brass 45° or 90° fitting can be used to decrease vertical height
- (1) Segmented (flexible) aluminum-zinc anode rod w/ 3″ nipple, 3/4″ NPT x 50″ long
- (1) Lead-free full-port brass ball valve w/ attached cap, 3/4″ FIP x FHT
- (1) 32-ounce container of 3% hydrogen peroxide
- (1) Funnel, plumbing tape, and treatment instructions
- Remove existing hex plug anode rod
- Drain 2 quarts of water from tank
- Add 2 pints of 3% hydrogen peroxide through anode hole
- Install aluminum-zinc anode rod
- Pressurize water heater, let stand for 20-30 minutes
- Purge all hot taps individually until warm water comes out of the tap
- Flush heater under pressure through drain valve for five minutes
There are no reviews yet.